Thank you for signing up for Canine 101 with Homefront Canine, LLC. Canine 101 is a 5-session course, each session being 1 hour long. After each class, handlers/owners are welcome to ask their trainer questions pertaining to their dog specifically and we allow dogs freedom to play with other dogs if the handler/owner wants to allow it. Below is a list of requirements prior to the first class and the training to be expected.
1. Payments must be paid in full prior to the start of the first class. Full payment is the ONLY way to reserve a spot in class. Cash or check is accepted at this time. Checks can be made payable to HOMEFRONT CANINE, LLC and can be mailed upon request.
2. All dogs must be up to date on their vaccinations prior to the first day of class. Proof of vaccination can be mailed, emailed or brought to the first day of class.
3. Please DO NOT feed your dog prior to the group class.
4. We do not accept dogs with human aggression in our group classes.
5. We do not accept dogs with extreme dog aggression in our group classes- If you are concerned about your dog’s behavior, please let us know before sessions begin.
6. Please arrive no more than 15 minutes before class.
7. If it is raining 2 hours prior to an outdoor class, class will be cancelled and an email will be sent.
8. If your dog is not spayed and is in heat, she cannot join a group class for a minimum of 21 days.
First Day of Class!
The first day of class will be for humans ONLY! During this class, a trainer will discuss the importance of engagement and start explaining marker training. Engagement is the most important step to beginning positive reinforcement training. Homework will be given for owners/handlers to do with their dogs at home over the next week. The homework will carry over to the second class in order for the trainer to observe how the task(s) were performed!
1. Every class following dogs must have a collar that fits and a 6 ft leash. NO RETRACTABLE LEASHES.
2. Please bring treats in a baggie/treat bag- Preferably SOFT treats that are not too large (large/hard treats slow down training because the dog has to chew longer)
**TIP: Wearing clothes with pockets will make trainingwith treats easier**
**DON’T FORGET: AFTER EACH CLASS ANY PERSONAL QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR DOG SPECIFICALLY CAN BE ASKED—OUR TRAINERS WILL GIVE YOU THE BEST ADVICE TO HELP WITH ANY UNWANTED BEHAVIORS AT HOME**
Every class handlers/owners will be taught the knowledge needed to continue training beyond these group classes. We believe it is important for dog owners to understand the importance of consistency, engagement, and exercise as well as understanding how a dog thinks. We are excited to meet you and your companions. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to us at any time and check our training videos on our website!